Shawni Sports Therapy Clinic (Member of Society of Sports Therapist)
Welcome to Shawni Sports Therapy Clinic, established by Shawnika Sergeant BSc Hons MSST in November 2012 after Graduating from University of Gloucestershire. Shawni Sports Therapy is based in Bristol.
Shawnika previously worked with Taunton Town Football Club (first team), Bristol Rovers Football Club Youth Academy whilst setting up her clinic.
What is a Sports Therapist?
- Has the knowledge and ability to provide first aid and attend to injuries in a recreational, training and competitive environment.
- Has the knowledge and ability to assess and, where appropriate, refer on for specialist advice and intervention.
- Has the knowledge and ability to provide sports massage pre and post activity.
- Has the knowledge and ability to implement appropriate rehabilitation programmes.
- Has the knowledge to utilise sports and exercise principles to optimise preparation and injury prevention programmes.
Why choose a Sports Therapist?
- Have reached a minimum benchmark level of knowledge and are eligible for membership status.
- Are eligible for Professional Liability Insurance.
- Are required to undertake an annual programme of mandatory Continued Professional Development (CPD) in order to maintain their right for re-registration.
- Hold a current and valid first aid qualification as a mandatory pre-requisite for membership.
- Are governed by standards of conduct and disciplinary procedures that are transparent and serve to protect not only the member but also the public with whom they come in contact.
- Are a member of an organisation that strives to increase the levels of care provided for sports and recreational participants, regardless of age, level and ability.
- Are members of a professional body that is working with the HPC for the regulation and registration of the profession of Sports Therapy.